Book Review: The Rules of Enchantment by Wendy Tardieu

How do you feel about Erotic Fantasy Adventures? 

When a Sorcerer and a Scribe Team Up to Fulfill an Ancient Prophecy, The Fate of The World Lies in Their Hands.
In the mythical kingdom of Salyndria, an exiled sorcerer named Leith plots to overthrow the restrictions placed on the use of magic by the Academy. Suspecting the worst, the Academy sends a beautiful young scribe, Kyler, to be his apprentice and act as an unwitting spy.
Leith tries to drive her away by proving his reputation as a vicious and unforgiving master, but he soon discovers his new pupil is far more useful than she appears. As her charms and magical abilities become all too tempting for him to resist, the two join forces to fulfill a hidden prophecy that will grant them incredible power.
Together, the sorcerer and the scribe will change Salyndria's history forever.
Their story is equally sinister and sensual, a romantic dark fantasy adventure full of suspense and surprises.
I had zero expectations going into this story. 
I went in completely blind. I didn’t read the description, this author was new to me, and I can’t honestly say that I’ve ever read an “erotic fantasy adventure” before. I was intrigued, and I was excited to see what this book would bring me.
The cover is unique, and colorful, yet it also had this slight promise of darkness that really drew me in.
So what did I think?
Well--
 I really liked it.
This story weaves an intricate, and suspenseful tale full of lore, politics, and deception. The world is built so well that I felt like I was experiencing this story, instead of just reading it. The characters each hold their own unique voices well, and were so captivating that I wanted to know more about every single one of them. This story holds a setting so well written that you both want to live here, but not at the same time. The suspense and the surprises build, and remain unpredictable, and the events keep you on the edge of your seat.
I love a lot of angst, and although the angst wasn’t super strong, there was still enough to keep me invested the entire time.
This story was absolutely a fantasy adventure.
I, however, still have some constructive criticism...
First of all, I am not a typical erotic story reader. 
It’s not really my thing, but I can hang, so I do read them from time to time. 
For me, this story lacked the sexual tension, and the build up needed to make this truly an erotic read. Their first kiss felt a little rushed, and completely out of place.
It was like “Bam! Here I am!”
The sex scenes were hot, really hot actually, but I felt there could have been just a little bit more of them. 
I am not a sexy-time scene expert. 
You are more than welcome to disagree with me. 
I'll even admit that I hate writing sex scenes myself, so take my opinion on this particular subject, with a grain of salt.
I basically just wanted more, and am whining a little bit about it. <3
The last bit of constructive criticism I have, and I swear, I’ll be done, is that the ending did give me hopeful thoughts, but it left me feeling like it needed maybe a paragraph, or three, more to fully give me what I really wanted.
I wanted a little more closure, but it was still a pretty decent ending. 
I’m just a really greedy reader, and want more. 😏
That’s all I have to say about this book.
I promise.
I genuinely  liked this book, and I am super excited to see what other stories this author dreams up. She is a talent that I am looking forward to exploring for many books to come. I definitely recommend this book to anyone that enjoys a fantastic fantasy story, because this story really hits the fantasy adventure mark!
You can read this book for Free with 
Follow this link to get your copy today:
Like this review?
Follow my Facebook page to receive notifications when I drop more!
If you're looking something new to read...
Check Out My

Post a Comment

0 Comments