Book Review: Anonymous by LP Dover



Every person has a story to tell. Some may be sweet with a happily ever after, but there are others that end in tragedy. Mine has yet to be finished.

My name is Elizabeth Kingston and this is where my story begins.

I never thought my life could be so perfect. I have an amazing job owning my own bakery, and a wonderful husband who I love and who loves me back. Never once did I have to worry about anything, at least, not until the texts started coming in. They always begin the same way … numbers that spell my nickname when read upside down.

31773

It’s someone from my past, only they won’t to tell me who they are, but that by talking to them, I’ll figure it out. It’s a game I refuse to play. Unfortunately, I’m left with no choice when things begin to take a dangerous turn.

His name is Anonymous and there’s only one thing he wants … ME.


This book was suspenseful, and twisted. 

You easily become fully invested in this story. These characters all seem like they’re keeping secrets, and with Ellie’s mystery texter never revealing who they are, you suspect everyone she knows. You love all of the characters, but you never truly trust them. You are constantly asking questions, and You can never tell when your questions will get answered. I did have it all figured out early on, but I think that was more of a me issue, and not anything to do with the story overall.

I really enjoyed this read. I do wish that there was more intensity when it came to the final reveal and showdown. That’s the scene I was excited for the most, and to me, it felt rushed and kind of flat. I wanted a little more angst, and for “anonymous” to be a little more downright despicable.

That said, I am still satisfied with what I got, and I’m excited to see what other stories this author brings to the table. This author was new to me, and she’s definitely peaked this reader’s attention.





Like this review?

Follow my Facebook page to receive notifications when I drop more!



Would you like more Romantic Suspense?

Check out my review for

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete