Book Review: Bloody Union by Brooke Summers


 

Marriages are meant to be sacred but when an arranged marriage turns bloody a war is started.

Makenna Gallagher's life is anything but ordinary. After experiencing something traumatic her life changes and not for the better. When she meets the man that she is expected to marry she knows that keeping her secrets is only going to get harder.

When Dante Bianchi sees his wife-to-be, he's surprised. She doesn't look anything like the sweet and innocent fourteen year old who he had agreed to marry five years ago. He looks forward to making her his.

When their wedding ends in a gunfight, he's surprised to see his wife handling a gun with ease and when he watches her kill a man he doesn't know whether to be angry or turned on.

Every family has secrets, but Makenna is drowning in hers. Will she sink or swim when hers turn deadly?



I really liked these characters. 

I liked how dark, tortured, and absolutely naughty they are. Their banter was amazing, and their intellect is swift. Kenna and Dante are yummy match made for hell. I couldn’t wait to see what this dynamic duo had in store.

Although I did enjoy this book from cover to cover, I do feel like the conflict was lacking. The love felt instant, and all to soon. The dangers never really built up fully, and the emotions fell a little flat.
That doesn’t mean that I didn’t like the story, though. I actually really liked it, despite feeling like a lots was left undid, or unsaid. And that the characters didn’t really have to struggle at all despite living dangerous lives.
 
I wanted more.

I didn’t get what I wanted, but I’d still recommend this book to others. It’s the characters that make me like this book. The plot was just okay, in my opinion, but the witty banter, and the alpha personalities of all the characters kept me hooked!


Amazon | iBooks | B & N | Google Play | Kobo 


Like this review?

Follow my Facebook page to receive notifications when I drop more!



Would you like more Dark Romantic Suspense?

Check out my review for

Post a Comment

0 Comments