Book Review: The Viking by Marti Talbott


At not quite fifteen, Stefan’s father finally let him board the longship Sja Vinna to take part in his first Viking raid. Yet, the battle was not at all what he expected and he soon found himself alone and stranded in Scotland.

Thirteen-year-old Kannak’s problem was just as grave. Her father deserted them and the only way to survive, she decided, was to take a husband over her mother‘s objections. Suddenly she was helping a hated Viking escape. Could Kannak successfully hide a Viking in the middle of a Scottish Clan? And why was someone plotting to kill the clan's beloved laird?


I am completely blown away by this book.
It’s different from any of the books that I’ve read so far this year, and that has proven to be a breath of fresh air. It reminded me of a genre I’d almost forgotten a genre that I absolutely love.
Historical fiction has a way of teleporting you back into a full on experience through time, and this book does exactly that. This story takes you on a journey with Vikings, then it drops you in a place where Scottish clans are trying, maybe not always their best, live alongside each other in piece.
Fifteen-year-old Stefan finds himself all alone in a foreign land with now home, and no family. He is forced to rely on a young Scottish girl, named Karnak, and her mother for protection, and shelter. They form a little family, but old secrets reveal, and trouble brews around them all when a plot threatens to destroy them all. Stefan and Kannak are both young in a time where they are forced to be viewed as adults. A friendship grows in to more, as they grow up alongside each other. It all seams like a fated happily ever after, until they a torn apart, and forced to fight to be together.
This story gives you history, and a complete whole other world. It tosses you into a romance that you kind of expect, but are invited to witness in a beautiful, and honest way. I loved every second of this book, and look forward to reading more by this author. This author was a refreshing new discovery for me, and I can’t wait to see what adventure she can take me on next!
I loved this book, and I bet it you give it a chance, you will too! I definitely recommend this read!!





Like this review?
Follow my Facebook page to receive notifications when I drop more!


Join Our Facebook Party Room for Access to new releases, author drop-ins, and giveaways!


Want more?
Check out this Spotlight on 
a FANTASTIC 

Post a Comment

0 Comments